If you’re looking for an easy and delicious sugar cookie recipe, this is it! These are my favorite Melt In Your Mouth Sugar Cookies…and I really mean “melt in your mouth”!
A dear friend served these as a dessert many years ago and I’ve been in love ever since. They’re light and have a wonderful almond flavor. They’re so simple because there’s no rolling out the dough…just roll into balls.
I prefer to roll them in cinnamon and sugar, but for a holiday change, the cookies may be dipped in colored granulated sugar for a variety of colored cookies.
Best (melt in your mouth) sugar cookie you will ever eat AND the easiest, too!
The Best Melt In Your Mouth Sugar Cookies Ever!
Let’s Make It!
Soften two stick of butter.
Cream together the butter, sugars and oil. Beat in 2 eggs.
Use a measuring cup and level off the flour, as shown above, then add 4 heaping tablespoons, in addition to the 4 cups.
Next, add in the salt, today, cream of tartar, vanilla flavoring and almond extract. Together with the creamed butter mixture, mix everything together, well.
Roll in small balls and dip in sugar/cinnamon. Using your finger, lightly press each cookie flat and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for approximately 10 minutes. Be sure to keep an eye on the first batch to make sure 10 minutes is right for your oven. They should be a light golden brown when they are done.
This recipe make 5-6 dozen cookies. Store in an air tight container. Enjoy with a big glass of milk or a hot cup of coffee! They make wonderful gifts as this is a great holiday cookie. I hope you enjoy these as much as my family and I have!
If you’re looking for another easy cookie recipe, be sure to check out my Quick & Easy Cake Mix Cookies!
If you try these cookies, I would love to hear what you think of this recipe! Leave your comment below and be sure to subscribe to Love To Frugal so you never miss a post!
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter (or margarine)
- 1 cup vegetable oil (I use Canola)
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups plus 4 heaping Tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the powdered sugar, granulated sugar, butter (or margarine), and oil until light and fluffy.
- Beat in 2 eggs.
- Add the following: flour, salt, baking soda, cream of tartar, vanilla and almond extract. Mix well.
- Roll in small balls, (about an inch in diameter.) and dip in sugar/cinnamon. (You can also use colored sugar)
- Lightly press each ball down flat.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 10 minutes or until light brown.