Need a quick and easy dinner solution that will surely please the whole family? This 5 ingredient Easy Creamy Chicken Casserole is super quick to put together (and even quicker if you use canned chicken). It’s made with ingredients you most likely already have on hand.
This recipe is versatile, as well! If you don’t have cream of chicken, try cream of mushroom! You can cook your chicken how ever you like. Rotisserie chicken works great or if you baked/roasted a chicken, debone and use that. You can even use turkey! This is a great recipe to use any leftover chicken or turkey!
The only thing I don’t recommend, (I speak from experience) is boiling your chicken breast. Sometimes they can turn out a little tough. Has this ever happened to you? Just beware when cooking them that way.
Easy Creamy Chicken Casserole
So, here are the 5 ingredients:
Let’s Make It!
Combine the first 4 ingredients; spoon into a lightly greased baking dish.
Crush the crackers. (I used my hands) Melt the butter and pour over the crackers and mix.
Sprinkle the crackers over the mixture and bake for 30 minutes on 350 degrees. The two pictures above, are before and after and as you can see, it doesn’t look much different…just a little more golden brown.
So easy and delicious! I served mine with steamed broccoli, but you could also serve over rice if you need to stretch the meal out even more.
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken (Can also use canned chicken.)
- 1 can (10¾ oz.) cream of chicken soup (undiluted)
- 1 8 oz. carton sour cream (I used light)
- 1½ cups crushed round buttery crackers (about 40 crackers). I used Reduced Fat Ritz crackers.
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- Combine the first 4 ingredients
- Spoon into a lightly greased 11x7 baking dish.
- Combine the crushed crackers and butter and sprinkle over the chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
For more great frugal, family friendly recipes, click here or on the In The Kitchen tab and be sure to subscribe to Love To Frugal so you never miss a post!